Yugioh Trading Card Game
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Trading Rules

Go down

Trading Rules Empty Trading Rules

Post  Admin Thu Sep 04, 2008 6:56 am

If you want to trade on yugiohtcg.forumotion.com , you must follow these rules. The yugiohtcg.5forum.com trading committee reserves the right to prohibit ANY user from trading any commodity for failure to follow these rules.

0. OUR RULES TRUMP YOUR RULES. You can put rules on your trade thread, like "I won't send overseas" or the like, but in every case, these Universal Trading Forum Rules trump yours. NO MATTER WHAT. Don't like our rules? Don't trade here. We won't miss you, I assure you of that.

1. To start your own trading thread, YOU MUST post a full list of haves and wants. In order to trade you do not have to have a list of haves and wants, if you don't want to start your own thread.

This is a TRADING forum, do some trading. If you do not post a full haves/wants list you can count on your thread being locked and or deleted. The reason for this is that we are trying to save on resources. If you don't post a full haves/wants list you tax our resources. If for whatever reason you don't want to post a full list, you can still trade, you just can't start your own thread.

2. REFERENCES – Whoever has fewer references sends first.

What’s a reference? It’s a number that determines how many different people you have traded with successfully. It shows how trustworthy you are. Face it, trading on the internet is risky, there's a chance you won't get what you have been promised but with the reference system in place, you can be relatively assured that if you're trading with someone with a high rating you'll get your cards. Now, does that mean you shouldn't trade with someone with a low rating? No, but it does mean you should exercise extreme caution when doing so. And if someone with very few posts and a decent trader rating PMs you to make a deal, be wary, because they most likely want to rip you off.

Your trader rating is the little click able number underneath your name. Each user starts with ZERO, and it can go up (or down) depending on the trades you make. The Trader Rating is a system designed to work just like Ebay’s reference system. If you make a trade, when you receive your cards, you leave a positive feedback for your trading partner. If something went wrong in your trade, you may leave a neutral or negative feedback, but if you do, you must be prepared to accept a neutral or negative feedback in return.

When you leave a trade rating, there is now a button on that rating for your trade partner to ref you! Also, traders trying to ref each other from the same IP Address will be caught MUCH EASIER. I'm not going to give out how, but rest assured if you try to ref scam, you WILL be caught.

2a. EXISTING REFERENCES –

Because we implemented the trading rating system AFTER the creation of this message board and most users already HAD an existing number of references in many forums, we combined all the existing references into one master list, which can be found here: Master Trading Pojo References List.

Master Trading Yugiohtcg.5forum.net Reference List:

In order to determine who sends first you need to calculate your TOTAL references. You do that by finding your name on the master list (use Control F if necessary), and adding that number to your current number of references.

For example, at the time of this writing I have 27 references on the master list (note, your rating on the master list WILL NOT EVER CHANGE), and I currently have 19 on the new system for a total of 46 references (27+19=46). I would send first to anyone with 47 references or more, and anyone with 46 references or less would send first to me.

2B. Negative References:

YOU MAY NOT FORCE USERS WHO HAVE NEGATIVE REFERENCES TO SEND FIRST. That means no rules such as "If you have negative references you send first." in your rules listing.

EXCEPTION: If a moderator on the trading committee gives you a negative reference that says "THIS USER SENDS FIRST UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE".

You MAY have a rule such as "I WILL NOT TRADE WITH TRADERS WHO HAVE NEGATIVE REFERENCES" or "I WILL NOT TRADE OVERSEAS", that is fine, but you cannot blanketly make users with negative references to send first.

For example: User "ILOVEYGO" starts a trade thread and has 12 references in the new system and none on the master list. User "IHEARTDBZ" has 2 references on the master list and 14 total on the new system, but actually has 15 positive and 1 negative reference making a total of 14. The first user would still send first because he only has 12, whereas the second user has 16.

2C. REF SCAMMING

What is ref-scamming?

* Multiple accounts in order to give references to one account to increase your trader rating.
* Have your friends give you references for trades you made without Pojo being involved, or that don't exist at all. In either case, if you are caught ref-scamming, you can guarantee that you will get in trouble.

Ignorance of the rules is no excuse. If we hear "I didn't know it was wrong" you'll get the ref scam punishment just like everyone else. Trades you make in person DO NOT add to your credibility when doing trades on the internet. So...words to the wise, if you do a trade on Pojo, KEEP TRACK of the proof. We may ask to see it, and if you don't have it, it will be assumed that it never existed. And then you'll be SOL. You can download your private messages to a text file.

In order to get and receive a VALID trader reference on Pojo.com, ALL negotiations should be done on POJO, either in the thread itself, or via Private Message on Pojo.

3. How to Package and Ship your cards.

YOU MUST SEND YOUR CARDS IN A TOP-LOADER. They are cheap and easy to find, and will protect cards in the mail.

3a. I didn't send with enough postage. Can I back out of the trade?

NO, Absolutely NOT! In fact what you should do is include something to compensate your partner for the added time it's going to take to get them their cards. We are getting a LOT of people who claim that they haven't put on enough postage lately. The U.S. Postal Service has a GREAT website that lets you calculate the cost of shipping ANY package. Not enough postage is not a viable excuse, it just means you're lazy.

3b. My trade partner didn't ask for condition. Can I still send out damaged stuff?

NO! Please tell your trade partner the condition of the stuff you are sending out. If your trade partner sends out damaged cards or electronics that don't work he or she has every right to leave a bad reference and vice versa.

4. Each user is allowed ONE active trading topic at a time, and may only start ONE new topic each week.

This is in force now for EVERY trading forum, not just the YGO trade forum. The reason being is that the trade forums get highly clogged up with multiple lists that say the same thing. If you are found to have more than one active topic started within a seven day period, you will have all of your topics locked or deleted.

You may only have ONE trade thread active during a week. In EITHER the North American or European Trading Forum NOT BOTH.

5. VERY IMPORTANT - BUMPING

No longer an issue because our software automatically merges duplicate posts together. Don't worry about it any longer, unless you specifically post "Bumping up" or something like that, and are not responding to any offer on your thread.

6. NO SALE ONLY TOPICS! NO AUCTIONS!

Pojo pays a lot of money to keep these forums running, and it isn't fair that people waste his bandwidth making money for themselves. This includes "I'm getting out of the game, selling all cards!" topics. Simultaneous trading/selling on your trade list is fine, as long as selling isn't your primary goal (There's Ebay for that) and if you think you’re going to get around the rule by having only a few high end wants that no one is going to have, you’re quite mistaken. If you are caught doing an auction or having a sell-only topic, you will be punished. We pay good money for these boards, and it really cheeses us off when we're abused like that.

Additionally, there is to be no selling of Heroclix or Versus cards on yugiohtcg.forumotion.com.

7. DO NOT post your address or other personal information in this forum. Conduct your final negotiations PM, so that you have a record, AND KEEP THOSE EMAILS OR PMS UNTIL THE DEAL IS FINISHED. I HIGHLY recommend that you get and verify an outside email address, and not rely on Pojo for your only form of communication with your trading partners. DO NOT ASK FOR SOMEONE's EMAIL ADDRESS AFTER THE FACT. GET IT UP FRONT AND VERIFY IT.

8. POJO.Com takes no responsibility for the trades that you decide to make.

9. All other forum rules apply here, no spamming, no bashing, flooding, etc.

10. What constitutes a trade? - Recently, it has come into question as to when a trade is official. We thought it would be wise to set up some guidelines -- because if someone has second thoughts before the end of the trade, and the trade isn't confirmed, a neutral or negative feedback is not appropriate. Therefore, the following must occur before a trade is official:

* Exchange of Address
* Confirmation on the deal by both sides

Example:

Person A says "I'll trade you my non-mint Don Zaloog for your Goblin Attack Force".

Person B says "Okay".

* Confirmation on who is sending first, and any shipping options

Example:

Person A says "I have 12 refs, you have 8. You would be sending first."
Person B says "I'll send out tomorrow."

Shipping options example:

Person A says "I need those cards by Saturday...is it possible for us to both send Priority Mail?"
Person B says "I don't need the cards that quickly...but if you reimburse me, I'll send. You can either send me cash, or throw in that D. D. Warrior Lady."
Person A says "I'll add the D D Warrior Lady."

As with most rules, there are exceptions:

* If you post that you'll make a trade, and the other person accepts, and the other person IMMEDIATELY backs out, as if joking or taunting, that's illegal, and will probably get you temp banned.
* If you exchanged addresses, and agreed on a deal, but one trader tries to back out because they would have to send first, that's a breach of the rules, and you may leave a neutral or negative feedback accordingly.

Remember, we are not responsible for the trades you make. Common Sense should dictate your actions. CHECK YOUR TRADING PARTNER'S Reference RATINGS YOURSELF! GET AN EMAIL ADDRESS when you trade so that you can contact that person outside of the board if need be. We do our best to make sure that our members don't get ripped off, but sometimes it's not enough, so make sure you protect yourself.

Do not EVER EVER post your email address or your home address on a public message board. Especially this one.

Don't trade something you can't afford to lose until you have built up a trust with your trading partner

Rules copy and alterated from Pojo...
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://yugiohtcg.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum